I know you've all been dying to know how my first Chicago summer was and how much I accomplished from my original bucket list post. Warning: Long Post Ahead filled with a ton of photos. Sorry in advance for most of the photos being from my phone and not my "real" camera. Sometimes I just want to take a break from lugging the gear around and just enjoy the moment, especially when I'm doing fun things. So the quality of a lot of these isn't up to my standard, but hey, at least I did document it! Not pictured is my most favorite thing to do: WERQ. If it weren't for my WERQ dance class and the amazing women I've met there, I don't know if I would've survived! Seriously the best thing I've done for myself and so glad I accidentally found it. Dancing among all kinds of crazy people like me, with an indescribable energy, has been so good for my soul.
But without further ado... Summer 2016 Chicago Bucket List Accomplishments:
Explore the 606 Trail - Check!
Beach days, volunteering at PAWS, girls' nights out, Badger game parties, ladies' dinners and happy hours with some of my favorite people around.
Family time at the Bean, Shedd Aquarium (AMAZING!), Buckingham Fountain (SO beautiful at night!), cocktails at the Signature Lounge in the John Hancock building (BEST view of the city), architecture night boat tour, rode the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier, and went to the Art Institute for the Gordon Parks exhibit.
Adler After Dark at the Planetarium was an amazing experience. And the view of the city was incredible!
Got to be in the audience on The Steve Harvey Show! Wasn't on my list but was still pretty cool to see how it's done. Plus, I got to shake Shemar Moore's hand ;)
Logan Square Farmer's Market and Renegade Craft Fair - Check!
I know it's not summer anymore, but my first Blackhawks game was so much fun and they won in OT!
I get to shoot in some pretty cool places! I did a boudoir shoot at the Kimpton Burnham Hotel downtown and it was full of so much character and beauty. I hope to shoot there again. Also did a food shoot in a really cool industrial building with gorgeous window light!
The things I did not get to, that will carry over into next year:
- Kayaking on the Chicago River
- Cubs Game (A must - duh!) (Kicking myself for not having made it this year before they became World Series Champions!)
- Great America... so close & I LOVE rollercoasters and I haven't been in years
- Craft Brewery Crawl (Went on a bar crawl, but not a craft brewery one.)
- Join a Beach Volleyball & Kickball league
- Something adventurous like sky-diving!!!
- Touristy stuff that I didn't get to: Chicago underground tour, Willis Tower, Field Museum, Museum of Science & Industry.
- Try Pequod's Pizza - I hear it's the best (I have no idea how I have not gotten to this yet!!)
- Check out a Broadway show (Hamilton was on my list but the tickets sold out so quickly)
Winter 2016/2017 List: Ice skating in Millenium Park, attempt to stay warm and learn how to navigate this street parking/snow mess! I'm sure there's more I want to do, but right now, warmth and hibernation is all that is on my mind!